Abram left his homeland. The disciples dropped their nets. Jesus gave up His life.
At the very center of what it means to be a Christian is leaving a place of comfort and moving into the unknown, so you and others can grow with God. Here are a few ways you can practice getting outside your comfort zone.
- Mentor local ladies in a job skills program.
- Have fun with kids and youth in after-school Bible clubs.
- Join the Abilene Neighbor-2-Neighbor Network.
- Sing and play with the sweet residents at our local nursing homes.
- Encourage inmates at our country jail through teaching, testimony and song.
- Travel with us to visit new and old friends on a pilgrimage or service trip.
- Follow up with families who contact our church for help.
- Visit one of our sister churches and pray for their neighborhood.
- Stock the shelves at our cooperative pantry.
- Advocate for one of our Pioneer Partners or help us discover new ones.
- Build a church or help with repairs for widows.
- Practice sharing your faith in person or written form.
- Create home ownership opportunities.
- Apply for funding for your own ministry idea that could impact our world.
- Attend special learning opportunities that will expand your perspective.
At Pioneer, we love to work in partnership with like-minded individuals and organizations where God is already doing great miracles. Here are a few of our favorite local and global partners:
If you are interested in learning more about any of our partnership opportunities, please contact Erica Currie.