The Mission of Pioneer Drive Baptist Church is to love God supremely.
We express this by:
• Loving people unconditionally and sacrificially.
• Reaching people with the good news of Jesus Christ.
• Helping people become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Loving God by loving others.
• We believe that there is one true God who exists in three persons - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:18-19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Hebrews 1:1-4)
• We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate (in the flesh) who came to all the world to offer the only solution to sin - a holy sacrifice. (Philippians 2:5-8, Luke 2:40, John 1:1-5, Hebrews 4:15)
• We believe that the Holy Spirit permanently lives in every believer providing assurance, strength and wisdom. He also uniquely gives each believer gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ. (John 16:7-11, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:30)
• We believe that the Bible is the inspired and authoritative word of God revealed to humans and inspired by God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Romans 15:4)
• We believe that salvation (the forgiveness of sins) is not linked to church membership, works, good deeds, heritage, or genealogy, but rather faith alone in Jesus Christ. (John 1:12, John 3:16, Romans 3:23-25)
• We believe becoming a Christian begins with starting a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. (John 3:1-15, John 3:16, 2 Corinthians 5:17-20)
• We believe that the Church exists to reflect who God is and bring glory to Himself. (Matthew 16:18-19, Acts 2:41-47, Ephesians 1:22-23)
• We believe the only remedy for sin is a renewed life based on faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:6-9, Galatians 3:13-14)
• We believe that believers baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper are the two ordinances of the church. (Matthew 28:19, Luke 22:14-23, I Corinthians 11:23-26)
1. OUR STARTING POINT IS GOD
"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow." -1 Corinthians 3:6
2. OUR GUIDE FOR MINISTRY IS THE BIBLE
" For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways," declared the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." -Isaiah 55:8-11
3. OUR FOCUS FOR MINISTRY IS PEOPLE
"We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us." -1 Thessalonians 2:8
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16
4. OUR GOAL FOR MINISTRY IS THAT EVERYONE BE A GROWING CHRISTIAN
"We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me." -Colossians 1:28-29
5. OUR SETTING FOR MINISTRY IS THE CHURCH AS "THE BODY"
"Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously, if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully."
6. OUR PROCESS FOR MINISTRY IS SPIRITUAL REPRODUCTION
"And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will be qualified to teach others." -2 Timothy 2:2
We believe that every person can freely respond to God.
We believe that the Bible claims for itself. It is the inspired word of God. We believe what it says about sin, the resurrection of Christ, the second coming, the indwelling of the Spirit and baptism of believers.
We believe that every church is autonomous, with every member a voice.
We believe in a free church and a free state where all are free to exercise their faith and the government does not establish a faith.
To learn more about what we believe, go to the Baptist Faith & Message.